February 28, 2009

Going the Distance (Kind of)

Determined to start my half marathon training on the right foot, and armed with NO EXPERTISE (haha), I decided to just run for 5-6 miles without worrying about the time. My pace was sooo slow, I was getting ansy! That's why I love running a 5k-you can bang it out and really push yourself.

I ended up running 5 miles- BY FAR the furthest I have ever run. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and I'm not even sore today YES! Here are my stats:

Distance: 5.0 miles
Time: 51:00 minutes
Calories: approx 517 calories

Next time I run, I won't be as cautious about the extra distance so I can improve my time a little bit, but right now I am more focused on RUNNING 13.1 miles straight-GOD I feel sooo far away:(

Juice Fasting has ceased for now. Yesterday I decided to have my FIRST bowl of oats along with my FIRST time having almond butter! They were so filling and satisfying-lovvvvvvvved them.

My bowl contained:
3/4 cup of oats (way too much)
1/2 cup of skim
3 dried apricopts
spoonful of raisins, unsweetened coconut, almond butter & honey

HEAVEN!!!!!!

I'm have to hurry off- I have work till 4pm, then have to come home and get ready to go up north with my sis and some friends for a WILD bday bash. No workout today :(.

I hope you all have a fun filled Saturday-hopefully I can finally get some decent pictures this weekend!

Coming Soon: Updated "My Weight Loss Story", What I'm giving up for Lent, & My food shopping purchases!

LATAAAA <3

No comments:

Post a Comment